Monday 14 November 2016

3: Chemistry

This week in IGS 10 was an all science week. So it would seem fitting that I would do a science blog, so here we are. This week we finished off biology and began our chemistry unit. Heading forward I think I can expect straight forward science classes as I find that chemistry is a lot like math. With all of the ions, adding elements and finding formulas I think it is quite different from the other forms of sciences.
Image result for chemistry

Chemistry to me is different because I think it relies less on being able to trap information in your head, and more on your minds ability to do an equation. I would consider myself a fairly strong math student, but it is a very, very long way from being my favourite subject.

So far we have just started to review elements, go over the periodic table and make sure we have a vague idea of what we are doing. We have started a project of labeling and defining elements which we will work on throughout the week. It's pretty straight forward, but I think it is only a matter of time before we really start getting into the chemistry...behind chemistry.
Until next week.

-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment